What you should know about revamping your website as a business owner?
When it comes to redesigning a website, you as a business owner have several factors to consider. The timeframe, the cost, and what resources are necessary to ensure maximum results and minimal downtime.
You should know the login details to your hosting and domain company/companies. You must have images and videos available and the relevant text you want displayed in your project folder. Your project folder should also include graphs, biographies, customer feedback and success stories, and more.
For a detailed list, please contact [email protected].
How do I know I need my website redesigned?
If your website has not been updated in a few years, it is likely due for an upgrade. Design trends move quickly, and in the age of digital marketing, staying ahead of the competition will make your local business stand out from the rest.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when considering website redesign:
- Is my copyright year up to date?
- Are customers visiting my website and does it generate business?
- Is my website compatible with mobile devices?
- Are there any broken links, images, or bugs on my site?
- Do I have the login details for my website?
- Am I being discovered on Google?
- If I were my customer, would I enjoy being on my website or would I rather visit my competitors’ sites because they have better content?
- Have there been any website design changes in the last two years?
If you answered no to any of these questions, you should strongly consider getting your website revamped. It’s worth it!
Why Do Business Owners Need a Website Revamp After Some Time?
Website design should keep up with modern SEO and marketing trends in order to stay relevant and high priority in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is why website redesign is key every once in a while.
Your website is arguable your most valuable digital marketing asset. When potential customers click on your page, it should have up-to-date information, high quality content, and a sleek and easy to read design. This ensures they choose your services over your competitors, and a steady flow of generated business.
Your niche dictates the amount of time that can pass between website design updates. This can vary from several months to a couple of years. However, a good rule of thumb is to keep your copyright year current, and you update some of your content.